Sunday, February 3, 2008

When do we become value-less?

If I give you a 1000 rupee note, will you take it?
Of course, I will.
If I take that note from you, crumple it a few times and then offer it to you, will you take it?
OF COURSE, I will.
Well then, I take the same 1000 rupee note, throw it on the ground, trample it, let my car run over it. Now the rupee is crumpled, battered and soiled. Will you still take it?
Of course I will. No matter how battered it is, a 1000 rupee note is a 1000 rupee note. It's value does not diminish.
Then how come, when we, as human beings, get battered by life, hurt and rejected by people, cheated upon and generally get tossed around, crumpled and soiled in life, believe that at the end of it all, we have no value; that we are worthless; that we have lost all that was good in us; that the spirit of love, fearlessness, adventure , goodness and faith have died in us???
How come we consider ourselves value-less because all that has happened in our lives?
No matter how much we get tossed around, how much we get crumpled or soiled, like the 1000 rupee note, I think we will always be valuable -and our intrinsic values remains; the goodness of heart, the spirit of adventure and fearlessness and the spirit of love will remain forever -making us highly valuable -like the 1000 rupee note.

3 comments:

Greek said...

nice blog......pretty inspirin :-) ....will check again later :p

rt said...

Very goood thought..i have put a link to this article on my blog.
Hope it is ok with you!

~Lady A~ said...

thank u for this post... i cannot tell u how much this one post means to me.. thanks for making sense..