Sunday, February 3, 2008

Road to Destiny

At what age does one get to know one's destiny? After years of listening to life coaches and reading what the pundits had to say on the topic of destiny, this is what I have come to understand of it -destiny is like a car, it does not go any place unless you drive it some place. But my problem is, I have the car, I am in the driver's seat, I also know that I am supposed to drive it -what I don't know is where he heck am I supposed to go! All my life I have been asking myself a single question -I know I am supposed to go somewhere but where?
All through my life, I have embarked on numerous journeys thinking that it would lead me to my ultimate destination -my destiny. But half way through either I would realise that I wasn't driving to the destination that I was supposed to or there would be road blocks and I would have had taken diversions only to find myself back at the starting point. So, righ now I am parked in my car, with the engine running, ready to undertake that all important journey that will take me to my destination -but I am thoroughly confused, it has reached a stage where I don't see any roads no nore, any well-defined paths there are none, just an ocean of empty land is all that is visible. Mistake me not, I am willing to dig my own road to traverse miles upon it to even get a glimpse of my destiny -it's just that I don't know where to begin anymore!
So, I ask again at what age does one get to know their destiny? When do you become sure of your destination that you drive your car confidently, tackle all the obstacles, take all the diversions needed but know for sure that you on the right path towards your destination? Or does one ever get to know one's destination? Or is it the case of the destination not being as important as journey itself? If it is the latter, one does get a wee bit tired of driving on and on and on without actually reaching anywhere or without even actually having a place to reach....Right now, I am TIRED.
I hope to God that I would find it in me to once again embark on a journey that would take me to my destination -my destiny. After all that is why I am here right? It would be awfully embarassing to go back and tell my creator, Sorry Sir, I just couldn't find my stop!

No comments: