Sunday, September 23, 2007

Show me the money

Money will not buy you happiness
But it can buy you peace of mind...and some fancy shoes and bags.

Money is not everything
But it is definitely something....and some more.

Money is not important in life
And I am Maryln Monroe...and JFK rolled into one.

Money should never be one's top priority in life
But it should be a priority nevertheless....and it should remain there for the rest of your life.

You cannot take your money with you when you die
Who cares as long as you have some all the time to take it with you where ever you go when you are alive.

For the most part of my life I did not give money its due respect. I had given it the lowest position in the ladder of my priorities in life. And there it remained uncomplaining with a smug smile on its face like the one you usually find on the faces of people who think, "Ignore me, humiliate me, trash me -but at your own peril."
Only recently, life compelled me to look down the ladder and there I saw -Mr.Money, with a `I-told-you-so' look on its face. That's when I realised the truth and most importantly acknowledged the truth -that it is not necessary to either pooh-pooh money nor make it the Lord of your life. But it is important to understand its importance and give it its rightful place in your life.

From now on, I believe that we would be treating each other with great respect and would be of benefit to each other. Amen to that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that! Money is certainly not everything. Scripture tells us that money is not the root of evil, but the love of money is.

Understanding its importance and giving it a right place in our lives in the light of God's purpose for our lives, I believe that to be a good start.

Purnima said...

Hi Sudha

Like your blog, and like what you have to say on almost everything! Don't make journos like you anymore!
I particularly identify with the giving-money-low-priority problem. I have literally kicked goddess laxmi outta my life several times by making choices that appeared logical at that point of time. Now I have developed a healthy respect for her might, and am trying to woo her back! I've realised that everything follows after money.Swami Vivekananda said - don't preach philosophy to an empty stomach. Once you are reasonably content and all your wants are met, you'll be able to direct your attention to matters of the spirit, otherwise the matter matters!